Friday, August 14, 2009

my future home

i've just been inspired.
i no longer want a home with the same theme throughout. i want one of those ridiculous eclectic homes with a different style designated to each room. I think it'll be more fun to say to guests that they can meet in the "forest" room for a spot of tea and then they could retire in the "80s coke den" room for the evening.
80's coke den is a shout out to my nana's palm springs getaway home that my mother had designed in the early 80s and hasn't changed since. (It's a total time warp. we even have original bottles of NyQuil from 1985 lying around as well as a working 8-track player. I found an old jacket of mine from when i was maybe 6-years-old in one of the closets that i took back home with me when i realized it fit like a cool little boy cropped coat. But the entire place is stark white and all the way '80s. you gotta love it).
so here's my vision for my future house:
1. the study will be a gentleman's study:

2. the living room will be industrial chic:

3. the bedroom will have fabric surrounding walls and bed that hang from the ceiling:

4. the den will be the blueprint room:

5.kitchen will be vintage-modern:

No comments:

Post a Comment