Friday, December 11, 2009

is nothing sacred?


i was maybe 10 or 11 years old visiting my dad's sided of the family in LA when we passed the time to see a little weird movie that changed my life. This movie is titled Drop Dead Fred. I was so moved by the picture that my memories from the day are more vivid than those from yesterday. I recall leaving the theater, jumping onto a fountain's ledge, dancing and rejoicing with fulfilled amusement. From there we all walked to an italian deli where the adults got fancy coffee drinks and the kids got some delicious international treats.

The title character played by Rik Mayall went on to be one of my favorite comedians of all time when I rediscovered him in The Young Ones as a young teenager (they used to play reruns on Comedy Central when i was maybe 13.)

Well, the most uninspiring and unimaginative industry, current-day hollywood, is ruining the classic tale of a woman trying to regain her confidence via her destructive childhood imaginary friend. They're casting that annoying prat named Russel Brand who will never be anything close to the obnoxious googly-eyed visionary that is Rik Mayall. Although the original was critically known as a flop, I predict the remake will never ever make it to cult status.

All i have to say is that Snotface better rebel and stop the dog poo from getting all over the silver screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment