Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Birthdays!

i gotta give some shout outs to some of my peeps for turning another year older:

1. Nana - She's the freshest fly girl i know. (it's like 1992, right?) but really, if there's one person whom i admire or could call a role model, it's my nana. she's so worldly, regal, loving, and provides sage advice packaged in long-winded meandering stories, yet is so down to earth that she repeats chris rock's dirty jokes.

2. Cara - love this girl. She embodies the true meaning of a pillar of strength, trust and honesty. When she says something she means it and will always follows through- be that with work, her relationships, and her emotions. Plus, she's a freaking nutjob. i love goofing off with her (and her mom).

3. Earl - Nana's husband. the man who introduced me to the Manhattan (he always orders one with his dinner). he's a stoic and dry-witted talented artist. what a great man for nana because he's quite calm compared to her neurotically sensitive personality. (Similar to my relationship with my "beau").

So my love goes out to these wonderful people in my life. Happy birthday to you all. you make it really easy for me to remember your bdays by being born within 24 hours of one another (well plus or minus a few years too).

1 comment:

  1. aw, i love you! xoxo
    happy birthday nana and earl!
    sincerely,
    the nutjob

    ReplyDelete